Tuesday, March 17, 2009

17 mar 2009

I am sitting in the office here at the FOB and it is about 1 in the afternoon.

The wind is blowing up the sand like no tomorrow and you would think the apocalypse is coming.

MAN! It blow every day out here. They call it the wind of 100 days or something like that.

I call it a pain in the ass.

We get sand in our drinks, in our food, in our hair, socks, ears, eyes, mouth, nose, and a few unmentionables.

Ask me if I have any idea why in the hell anyone would stay in this desolate place for 4 thousand years and I will tell you that they are nuts!

At least in baghdad, we had palm trees and a few rivers.

Here, you have old salt layers of earth, dust, sand, dry heat, and crazy Taliban that have thought this way for a thousand years.

I mean, seriously, this place is desolate.

More later today.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment