Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm Back!

I just got back from R+R this week and the place is starting to feel all homey. NOT! Things have gotten a little less crazy here, but we are still adding troops and contractors. We have over a thousand contractors here now with us, and that is a lot of contracting. lol The weather is about 110 - 120 every day, but I think it is going to get a bit cooler soon, so we are all looking forward to that. We had a chopper crash last month that killed 18 of our people, but most news stations do not report contractor deaths.
We may be moving up to the north in a couple months, which I am dreading. It is up in the mountains, so the snow gets pretty deep and does not stop. We still have tent living and bad food, but I am finally getting used to it again.
The best part of coming back here is planning the next R+R. We have to submit for the next one shortly after we return so they can plan staffing requirements. It is fun to think about the different places to go or deciding what I want to see. I am out of days in the US so I have to spend the next R+R somewhere else in the world. I have thought about the south of France, Casablanca and Marrekesh, or Bangkok, Thailand. Who knows? I go again at the end of October, so Europe is going to be too cold by then for any fun.
Gotta run, write back and tell me what is going on in your lives.

1 comment:

  1. I'd chose the south of France for R&R, but that's me.

    ReplyDelete